Tuesday, January 3, 2012

FCCB Challenge Me Monday #92 – Warming Up with Hot Cocoa

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year and welcome to my blog!! I am starting off my New Year by jumping right into my crafting!  Wow...I have really missed it!! I love playing along in challenges, visiting all your wonderful blogs out there and just having more time to create and play :0)  So, I decided to start off 2012 by joining in on the fun challenge over at FCCB this week.  I really love all their challenges and the inspiration from the design team are wonderful motivation!! Their challenge this week is "Warming Up with Hot Cocoa."  I have been very eager to make this card for quite sometime now.  It actually was on my to-do card crafting list during the holidays. But, I never got around to making it.  So when I saw what the challenge was this week, I thought it would be the perfect moment to get it done.  Plus, as an added bonus... we are finally getting some cooler temperatures!! Yaaayyy... because I really love the cold weather!! It really was one hot Christmas here in Miami this past year!! So, I'm definitely enjoying our 40 degree weather tonight :0D  I sure am ready for that cup of hot cocoa now!! Here are the details of my super simple card that I designed on my Gypsy.

Carts used:
Elegant Edges: (Welded Card Shape @ 4.75") (Blue Mat @ 4.40") & (Steam @ 5.40" - hid the outter shape)
Winter Frolic: (Cocoa Cup @ 4.50")

Other items:
Solid Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned Paper: DCWV "Tis the Season"  (purchased at Michael's -2010)
Sentiment - Scrappy Mom's Stamps  "Winter Wishes"
Xyron Machine
Deco Art "Glamour Dust"
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Swiss Dots"
Tulip Puffy Fabric Paint "White" for marshmallows
Stickles "Diamond"
Ribbon - Holiday Selection from Michael's
White Gel Pen

I hope you have enjoyed my card.  Thanks so much for stopping by :0)

Hugs,
Diana

17 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! I am glad you were able to scratch it off your list of cards to make. I am still learning my Cricut machine. I still don't know how to hide portions of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card! Love the puffy paint as floating marshmellows! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out beautiful! I just love the puffy paint!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, your card turned out just beautiful!! I love the colors and the puffy paint for the marshmellows! So glad you joined us at FCCB Challenge Me Monday!!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card!! I love the shape you used along with the cup!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetie this is just so adorable...I absolutely love the sweet colours and everything! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love the marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just super adorable! Love your color choices. Are you currently on any DT's?? Hope you will take a minute to visit my site and join in on some challenges. TFS I'm a fan of your work. Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love.love,love,this card. The shape of the card is wonderful and the colors are beautiful. But my very favorite part is the puffy paint. I have got to go and buy some of that!
    I am a newfollowerof your blogand look forward to visiting often.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great one! I love this cut so much. I really want elegant edges. Hmmm...birthday next week. Just might have to throw out some hints.

    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card, it's beautiful. The colors are just wonderful!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much to love about your card! The shape is Elegant Edges, hunh? Great idea!
    Bernadet
    bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. I STILL need to try my Gypsy for welding. I did once but it didn't cut the way I wanted, so I never tried again. I love the elegant edges cart and these shapes are perfect for welding. Any tips to make it easy?

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations
    coachfans at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw your Blogoversary is in 1 day. Congratulations!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an adorable creation! We absolutely loved it over at FCCB. Thanks so much for being a follower and participant! :) Please be sure to check out our Wednesday post. Trust me, you don't want to miss it! ;)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    FCCB Coordinator
    http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your top 5 win over at FCCB challenge blog!! Your card was amazing..congrats and I hope you play again at FCCB:)
    sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute cup of cocoa! Love the colors you used too :)

    ReplyDelete