Sunday, June 12, 2011

Masculine Birthday Card


Hi crafty friends,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Today, I wanted to share a masculine birthday card that I made for one of my best friends.  While I enjoyed making the card, I did struggle a bit at first with an idea. Masculine cards are a little difficult for me. But hey....I figured that I could sure use the practice. So, I started by picking a patterned paper through my stash that had masculine colors. I came across this one that had been so generously given to me by my cousin from one of her paper stacks. Which by the way, she has now become my papercrafting buddy!!  I really created a "monster" here...lol  We are constantly trading papers back & forth to each other, we are like little kids....but we love it :0) Anyway, rambling on here..lol  I picked out this paper and then started to get ideas from it. Since the paper had party hats on it, I decided to go with that type of image as my cut.  I used the Celebrations cartridge for the party hat.  I knew I also wanted to make a shaped card, so I decided to use a cut from Elegnt Edges cartridge.  I really love this cart! I used my Gypsy to weld the two shadow cuts together for my card base.  Overall, I like the way the card turned out, however, I know I sure need more practice when it comes to masculine cards.  So here is the complete list of the materials I used...
  • Cartridges used: Elegant Edges (card base @ 5", layer @ 4.75") & Celebrations (Party Hat & Layers @ 4")
  • Solid Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper "Handsome", "French Vanilla" and  Two Scoops "Mint Chip" which comes embossed.
  • Patterned paper: Paper Stash
  • Sentiment: Michael's Dollar Section
  • Embossing power: Stampendous "Jeweled Gold"
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink: "Tea Dye" lightly around edges of party hat
  • Gold Gel Pen
  • Gold Rhinestone: Michael's Dollar Section
  • Pop Dots
Thanks for stopping by :0)

Hugs,
Diana

9 comments:

  1. Ooh....I love it! I'm a huge fan of EE cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute!! I love the paper and the hat. I need to get the Everyday Edges cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shaped argyle card. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropped ion from the made it myself linky party. Such a nice creation. The birthday hat idea is so cool.
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this shape, love this card....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! Simply adorable...very elegant. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats a very creative card base!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a nice card great idea.

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty:)

    Stop by my blog for our Father's Day Blog Hop:)
    Myself and a couple of others are giving away some fun Blog Candy:)
    http://chatterscene-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete