Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lucky Duck

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends,
Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Today I wanted to share with all of you another card I made for St. Patty's Day and some really fun challenges going on in blogland. I knew right from the start that I wanted to use the sentiment "Lucky Duck" for my card.  That was really my inspiration for making this card. I then started thinking about what cartridges have a duck image.  I came across the Mikey & Friends Cart and I thought this would be perfect!! I just love Disney images and I really LOVE Daisy Duck!!  So that is really how my card came together. I knew that I was going to give this card to my boyfriend so I tried to restrain myself from making it "too girly."  I really loved the way this card turned out.  Not too girly but she still needed to have a little glitter :0) Here are the details for my card.

Cartridges Used
Elegant Edges: (Card base-shadow cut @ 4.40" welded w/Gypsy),(Card Mat @ 4.25"), (Sentiment Base w/shadow @ 1.60")
Mikey & Friends: (Daisy Duck @ 5.25")
Paper Doll Dress Up: (Shamrocks @ 0.75)

Other items used
Solid Cardstock: Card Base - Bazzill Basics "Petty Cash" and Scraps
Patterned Paper: Paper Pizzaz "Green Gingham"
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots
Xyron Machine
Martha Stewart Glitter: Peridot
Martha Stewart Twine: Green
Sentiment: Used my printer

I will be entering this car in the following challenges.

More than Favors - Wacky Wednesday #67 St. Patty's Day

Whimsical Designs - Whimsical Wednesday #45 Going Green

Creative Cutter Room - Design Time Thursday - St. Patrick's Day

Die Cuttin Divas - Color Challenge - Green, Yellow, Black & White

Hope you enjoyed my card and thanks for stopping by :0)

Crafty Hugs,
Diana

13 comments:

  1. Simply adorable! I just got this cartridge today. LOL! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo sweet, Diana!! I love Daisy's sparkly shoes!! What a great card :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Job!!!!!! I love Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What a creative St. Pat's card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Cutter Room.

    Tonya
    CCR DT
    ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE THIS! What a CREATIVE way to make a St. Patty's Day card!!! JUST AWESOME!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at CCR!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card- I love how you dressed Daisy!!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Daisy all decked in green :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so super cute and nicely done. Thank you for joining us at CCR.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. How super cute is this St. Patricks day card. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday. Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cutie! Perfect sentiment and lover her green outfit! Super! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE IT!!! Fantastic card....great design! Thanks so much for inspiring me with another one of your super cute creations. Hugs Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cutter Room!

    Tracy
    DT2 Member
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adorable, love the shape and Daisy's glittery shoes!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutter Room:)

    Elaine
    CCR DT

    ReplyDelete