Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cupcakes & Butterflies - Birthday Party

Hi everyone,
I hope you aIl had a great week and are having a wonderful weekend...so far :0) I have been trying to get these pics posted for the past few days but Blogger has been having some problems so it has taken me awhile.  I have been wanting to share with all of you the pictures of some of the projects I did for my cousin's birthday party. The theme for her party started out as "cupcakes" but then somehow "butterflies" were added in at the last minute.  But overall, it came together nicely and the birthday girl was very happy.

So this first pic is of her invitations that I made for her. We had so much fun assembling the invitations together.




Here are the specifics of the invitations:

*Cartridge used: Sweet Treats (welded the shadow feature with my Gypsy to make card base)
*Solid Cardstock: Recollections
*Patterned Paper: Recollections "Pink Plaid"
*Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Divine Swirls
*Xyron Machine
*Martha Stewart Glitter: Tourmaline
*Stickles: Star Dust
*Ribbon: Michael's
*White Gel Pen

Next up is the banner I made for her,


Here are the specifics of the banner:

*Cartridges used: Birthday Bash (Letters & Scalloped Circles) Plantin Schoolbook: (Circles) and Create a Critter (Butterflies)
*Solid cardstock: Recollections
*Patterned Paper: Recollections
*Ribbon: Michael's
*Mini Flower Punch - Accents on butterflies
*Stickles: Waterfall
*White Gel Pen

Here is a picture of the Dessert/Cake Table


There were so many yummy treats!! She had mini-cupcakes and the frame that you see on the table held the menu of the different flovored cupcakes. She also had chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered pretzels, and chocolate covered oreo's.  Along with the candies and the mini orange-pineapple upside down cakes, she had her birthday cake that resembled a cupcake.  Everything was soooooo good!!! 

Well I hope you all enjoyed my post and I am working on some new projects at the moment.  Hopefully, I can get them posted tomorrow.  Till then :0)

Crafty Hugs,
Diana



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing
    Trish
    krazykcrafters at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow very nice. Such a lot of effort and rich rewards too as the effect is super
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER Cute!!! Love the cupcake invites!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete